The Center for Aquaculture Technologies (CAT) has an experiences fish health team, and state of the art facilities, that can provide timely and reliable results for explanation and evaluation of existing or novel products for the aqua health industry.
The Facility is approved to operate as an Aquatic Animal Pathogen Containment Level 3 (AQC3) biocontainment facility. This certification allows CAT to conduct in vivo and in vitro studies with imported as well as domestic aquatic animal pathogens.
Regulatory compliant studies can be carried out to the recognized standards of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) as needed for client specific applications.
- Trials to GLP/GCP specifications
- Established and custom trial design
- In vitro and in vivo safety, efficacy and trait association studies
- Biosafety level 3
- Freshwater & marine species
- Cold & warm water species