Facility Team Member – Victoria, PEI
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, has an opening for a suitably skilled candidate to support the Victoria (PEI) facility and its ongoing operations. A Facility Team Member is sought with the following skillsets. Applicants that have overlapping competencies would be considered positively:
The available position is full-time and permanent with the successful candidate reporting to the Facility Manager.
Responsibilities for the Facility Team Member include:
- Assist in the daily operations of the aquarium facilities in compliance with regulatory and quality
- Performs daily monitoring and data collection related to aquaculture and facility functions.
- Performs daily and routine maintenance and monitoring of equipment such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and water systems
- Assists in setting up and decommissioning of aquaculture
- Helps to maintain efficiency of the operations, adheres to standard operating procedure and the preventive maintenance program.
- Must be available to be part of the scheduled rotation for weekend work and after hours on‐call monitoring of
- Competence to perform fish husbandry tasks and to monitor and maintain fish stocks (Training will be provided).
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- Experience in the production of aquatic species and in the operation of aquaculture systems.
- 4th class power engineer ticket will be considered an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills
- Physically able to handle tasks that could include lifting, bending and climbing, wearing PPE, exposure to wet and cold environments and hot environments.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating
- Prior experience in a CFIA regulated/GLP environment will be considered
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi‐
- Self‐motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and
- Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
CATC offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.