Genomics Researcher – Genomics and Bioinformatics
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking a Genomics Researcher to assist in the daily operations of its Genomics team in Souris, Prince Edward Island. This is a full‐time, permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Genomics Coordinator. Our research team focuses on providing high quality genomics support and professional services to the global aquaculture industry.
- Genomic and bioinformatic analyses including but not limited to: RNAseq, microbiome analysis, genome assembly, GWAS, GBS, parentage assignment/pedigree tracing, population diversity and structure analyses. Expertise in all analyses not required; training will be provided
- Processing of genotype data and production of study reports
- Writing of protocols
- Designing and ensuring scientific integrity of experiments
- Timely completion of all projects with a high degree of quality and excellence.
Desired skills / experience / competencies:
- Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
- A minimum of a Masters degree in fields including Aquaculture; Animal Biology; Genetics; Bioinformatics; Molecular Biology or related. PhD seen as an advantage, but not essential
- Bioinformatics experience
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience in programming languages (perl, python, R) will be considered an asset
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team and foster a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
CAT-C offers a competitive salary and benefits including group health care and retirement savings plans.
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to: email@example.com with ‘Genomics Researcher’ as the subject line.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Closing Date: November 30th, 2020