The Center for Aquaculture Technologies, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to support all areas of accounting and finance and is based out of our two site in Prince Edward Island and remotely. This is a full-time, Permanent, position and will begin with the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Finance.
- Review, recommend, implement, and monitor accounting policy and procedures
- Support annual audit requirements
- Lead the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Project Costing Analysis
- Internal Control Analysis/Improvements
- Monitor, and account for fixed asset purchases and update and maintain respective schedules
- Ledger maintenance and reconciliation review
- Support annual budgeting process
- Consolidated Financial Reporting for Companies, Locations, Business Units, and Departments
- Support Management reporting
- Oversea AR functions by supervising a junior position
- Provide solutions for technical accounting issues and support the implementation
- Perform forecast and budget variance analysis on the Company’s financial results
- Other tasks as assigned
Desired skills/ experience/ competencies:
- 2+ years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Experience using QuickBooks products and Fathom reporting an asset
- Advanced Excel Skills
- The CPA designation is an asset
- Financial management. Experience with and understanding of GAAP, grant tracking, payroll management, fixed assets, and general business systems and functions.
- Attention to detail. Tireless attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Education and professional experience. BA degree with a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience working in finance and accounting operations in a high-growth organization. MBA/CPA or related degree desired.
- Personal qualities. High integrity, innovative, collaborative, mission-oriented, and commitment to excellence
- Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
CAT offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Closing date: May 14, 2021
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted