Study Director – Fish Health
Experienced, capable, and passionate about the aquaculture sector? We have an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual to provide leadership at The Center for Aquaculture Technologies (CAT), a private aquaculture innovation and research company that is seeking a GxP Study Director in Victoria, PE. This is a full‐time, permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Clinical Director. Our research team focuses on providing high-quality contract R&D support and professional services to the global aquaculture industry.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable history in running aquatic clinical studies, a strong quality mindset, and be skilled in the science of GLP and GCP-related requirements and operations. In addition, the candidate should be customer-focused, a skilled communicator, and have excellent writing skills. They must be independent, creative thinkers with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact in a key area of growth for our business, servicing both internal requirements, and an external customer base. We’re looking for a pragmatic team player, who has a proven track record of delivery, unafraid to get their hands dirty, and has the ambition to match our own ambitions.
- Study Director/ Principal Investigator for in vivo clinical and research trials
- Adherence to the principles of Good Laboratory Practice and Good Clinical Practice
- Writing of protocols and reports
- Preparation of regulatory submissions to support study execution
- Analyses of data and production of study reports
- Designing and ensuring the scientific integrity of experiments
- Care and maintenance of research animals including husbandry and animal welfare checks.
- Development and revision of standard operating procedures.
- Timely completion of all projects with a high degree of quality and excellence.
- A minimum University degree including Aquaculture; Animal Biology; Microbiology; Parasitology; Virology; Biochemistry; Immunology; Cell Biology/Physiology. Masters or Ph.D. seen as an advantage, but not essential
- Virology and/ or bacteriology experience an advantage
- Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
- Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
- Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
CAT offers a competitive salary and benefits including group health care and retirement savings plans.
Closing date: 30 May 2021 or until the position is filled.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.